Monday, July 17, 2006

Last.fm

Talk about a make over I have been using Last.fm for about a couple of months now and I love using it to share my music habits with anyone who cares. Before the make over the site was aesthetically simple and very link happy. The player and plug ins were separate downloads and very simple in terms of interface. Now with what they call the "refreshing summer taste" the site has revitalized itself with more usability, more social aspects, and very featureful add ons and mesh ups. The profile pages are now cleaner with each area clearly blocked off, advertisement is clean and off to the right where it's not too obtrusive or distracting, the music aspect is still the main theme of the site which totally rocks, each section of site is clearly shown with tabs. The Charts section lets you view your listening habits by weeks or months by artist, album, or tracks. The Journal section lets you, well you know write a journal. The Groups sections of course shows what groups your into, The Friends section shows your friends which I am sad to say I seem to have none. The Neighbours section which is probably my most favorite feature of Last.fm allows you to see other people who have similar listening habits to yours. The Tags section shows you all the tags you have come up with to mark your music with. Another neat section that I don't remember being there before is the dashboard where recommendations are made to you via the Last.fm community, your friends online, artists, neighbours online, journal entries, and stations.

The Review

I don't think I have to say anymore, Last.fm hits all the notes just right when it comes to building a music community. I totally recommend the Music Community known as to any music fan out there. Oh yeah please be my friend at Last.fm.

technorati tags:, ,

Blogged with Flock

No comments: